It’s that time of the year when you can put your feet up and relax on your summer holiday, read our helpful tips for your trip and enjoy your time away.
- Order a greater amount than usual on your prescription to ensure you have enough of what you need over your holiday and so you are not worrying whilst you are away.
- Place all your supplies in clear bags along with the box label in order to avoid any problems whilst going through airport security.
- Keep your supplies in your hand luggage in case anything goes awry with your hold luggage.
- We have adhesive remover wipes and barrier film wipes which are great for taking on the plane with you. (Independence No Sting Adhesive Remover Wipes – ARW1 and Independence No Sting Barrier Film Wipes – BW1). If you prefer to use an adhesive remover spray (such as our Independence Adhesive Remover Spray – RS1) check with your individual airline about whether you are allowed to take it on board.
- Take something to firm up output whilst on the plane such as our Independence Absorbent Strips – P200AS.
- If you are holidaying abroad, use bottled water to clean around your stoma rather than tap water.
- Ensure you have more than enough supplies with you at all times, especially if you go on any excursions.
- Having a stoma is no reason not to enjoy a swim in the pool or the sea, use extra security to keep your appliance in place such as our AcuBond Strips – SB2 or our SilBond Silicone Glue – SB1. SilBond Silicone Glue is great for an active lifestyle and provides excellent security where other products may struggle.